Customer Service 731.441.9158
Mon - Fri: 9 am - 6 pm CST Contact Us
Gallery » Weaving using My Own Fringemaker
One day recently, I saw My Own Fringemaker as a mini loom, now we can weave!
This new technique adds more uses for this very unique embellishing system.
This is my first attempt at weaving. The goal was to use up odd bits and pieces of something just to prove anything goes using whatever was on hand.
While looking through my stash, I spied a bag of bias tapes various colors and widths plus rick rack.
Here's the process:
1. wound on the longest piece first - periwinkle blue double folded.
2. choose a second piece and weave it through horizontally with my fingers. Weave in and out of the blue and so on till the area between the rods was full.
3. remove rod unit from base and take to sewing machine. Place woven section under the presser foot and straight stitched the rows of bias tape to anchor them in place.
4. take rod unit back to your work table, remove rotating arms.
5. gently slide sewn woven cloth off rod unit.
6. take woven piece back to sewing machine and straight stitch the ends to keep it's shape.
How and where would you use woven pieces?
Initially cuffs, collars, pockets on clothing or art quilts, purses come to mind.
Use woven pieces as a purse flap or fold in half to create a purse add a closure (perhaps a button or zipper) and you're done.
Thinking outside the box, how about making;
Like the idea of weaving - boy is it ever fun! View our other weaving projects in this category .
Please send in your photos of woven projects to inspire others, we'll post them in our Gallery.
Basket covers are a simple way to update home decor. Weaving basket covers is easy and fun to make using My Own Fringemaker!
This basket cover will serve as temporary Easter Basket and then move into permanent duty as a decorating accessory in my home.
To make this basket cover, follow the steps for basic weaving. I did alter this process somewhat for a class I plan to teach.
Start, set up My Own Fringemaker and place rods in furthest holes.
Here's the steps: