Customer Service 731.441.9158
Mon - Fri: 9 am - 6 pm CST Contact Us
To make pompoms you'll need: My Own Fringemaker, thin string, straight stitch sewing machine, scissors and choice of ribbon to hang pom-pom and materials to make pom-pom. Possible wooden bead or button for securing the final knot.
1. Set up the fringemaker.
2. Insert rods into the holes the distance apart you want the pom pom size to be. For example to make a large pom-poms insert rods into furthest holes.
3. Tie kitchen string onto the rotating arm at the crank handle (is almost the center) and tie off at other end of rod unit just above the center.
Repeat this again, you'll need two strings across the rod unit before winding on yarns.
HINT - I like to leave a slight open visible space on rods while winding yarn on, so while sewing later I see the string and do not sew over it.
You will be sewing near the string, [above and below the string] sandwiching the string between the stitching.
4. After winding on as much yarn as you want, remove rod unit and take to sewing machine.
5a. You'll be sewing down the center close to the string but above the string. Repeat sewing twice or three times.
5b. Repeat step 5a sewing close to but below the second string this time be careful not to catch the string in your stitches.
Remove rod unit and go take it to your work table.
6a. Cut string knot off one rotating arm - just lay it down - don't pull it.
6b. Tie-on end of ribbon to end of string and gently pull through the stitching and knot so ribbon does not pull through by accident.
7. Repeat 6a. and 6b. on second string.
8. Cut yarn from rods.
9a. Hold both ends of ribbon, nudge yarns towards the center from both ends, it bunches up.
9b. Tie and knot them together tightly near pom pom. Give 'it a good shake (maybe outside) and it's fuzzy!
HINT - I've pulled the ribbon ends through a wooden knob or button to make it more secure.
The wooden bead is particularly noticeable on the red and black pom pom.
10. lastly tie ribbons together to make a loop for hanging. YOUR DONE!